01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Two Graduations, Two Diplomas, Two Roses, One Weekend 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Two Graduations, Two Diplomas, Two Roses, One Weekend

34
It's a bittersweet moment when the last child graduates from Grade School, especially when we have had a 22 year run at the same school. It's a bittersweet moment when the third daughter graduates from High School, especially when it's the same High School attended by your grandmother, your mom, your sisters, your nieces and you, and it's on the same weekend as the Grade School graduation. Can we jerk the emotions around a little more please?! But I must say, it was a beautiful weekend with family and friends, old and new.

Friday morning with Baccalaureate Mass brought the traditional presentation of roses from the High School girls to their parents. Pictures were made of all the graduates and their alumnae moms. Friday night brought on the conflict of the High School Graduation and the Grade School Banquet occurring at the exact same time. It was very difficult for the Grade School daughter to miss her sister's graduation. I rushed over to the banquet after graduation and made it just in time to receive a rose and a note of thanksgiving from my youngest. Together we left immediately after the class video to meet the rest of the family for a late dinner. So busy and so much fun.

The next morning as I put the two roses together in the same vase, I realized how the High School rose was slightly more open than the Grade School rose. I noticed how the High School rose had opened just enough to let me know that a full bloom was on the way. I noticed that the Grade School rose still needed time and attention. The creation that God placed in front of me was to be cared for and tended to and yet, the need for my hand in it all would not last forever. I am blessed to be given these opportunities to experience all that the Creator has to offer, all that creation has to give, all the beauty of two roses from the same bunch growing at different rates, blossoming at different times into true beauties. I am grateful for two Graduations, Two Diplomas and Two Roses over one long and beautiful weekend.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38