01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: The Gift of Grace 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Gift of Grace

34
"but he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.' I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9,10

Over and over I have received this same message, "when I am weak, then I am strong." I have written previously about listening to Fr. Jacques Phillipe speak on this subject and after I attended the talk, I began reading "The Way of Trust and Love". Needless to say since this particular book is filled with the "little way" of St. Therese, Fr. Jacques leads us in depth through this particular truth, "when I am weak, then I am strong".

What I find most amazing, and surely a moment of grace, is that I am reading two other books, Consoling the Heart of Jesus by Fr. Michael Gaitley and the novel, Elijah in Jerusalem by Michael O'Brien, and both authors mention this same truth. Honestly, I received the messages in each book about the same time. Hmmm. A gift of grace no doubt. God wants me to believe this truth and to understand it from many perspectives and to use it in my life. From the novel, "Always- always-weakness had been his strength. Unknowingness. Simplicity. Trust." The message over and over to trust, to go to Him, to sit at the foot of the cross with Him, to Console Him and in return, to receive all we need. Strength for the journey. Only if we give it all to Him, become like children and trust, can we gain strength.

I find it no coincidence that on this day I looked up the full verse which contained this truth and found the line, "My grace is sufficient for you." On this day, my niece, Grace, has her second brain surgery and all we can do is place her in the hands of Jesus, in the arms of Our tender Mother, and pray. We are weak. With confidence, we place our trust in Him.

If you happen to read this in the next several weeks, please send up a prayer for sweet Grace and her family and for all the sick, especially our children.

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38