01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: The Crucifix 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Crucifix

34
This is what we can hear Him say as we gaze upon the Crucifix. “Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have.” And as we know the "rest of the story," He is risen and dwells among us. He is real and He lives in each of us. He is flesh ad bones and all He asks is that we love one another. I personally find it the most difficult challenge of my day, but the Crucifix reminds me to stay the course. "Do not be afraid." Gaze upon the Crucifix and listen to Him speak. He is love. We can go to daily Mass, pray the Rosary daily, do special Penances, etc...but if we have not loved, if we have not shown mercy, "we are but a noisy gong." Listen to Him. What do you hear?

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38