01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Help for Our Daily Walk 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Help for Our Daily Walk

34

“Do to others whatever you would have them do to you."

Jesus' reminder today from the Law speaks volumes. Taken one little section at a time, we have much work to do. First and foremost, we most do. We are called to action. We are asked to put ourselves in motion. And, not for ourselves but for others. Jesus does not stop with merely getting us going and telling us to be there for one another and physically do something but here's the big word in the statement...whatever. So, here we go. We are not to pick and choose what we are going to do today. Jesus puts people, tasks in our paths and tells us to do...for others.  What is it Lord that you want us to do for these people you have put in our lives? And He is clear. "What is it that you would want them to do for you?"

As humans, we love for people to serve us in some way, shape or form. It's natural to love being cared for. Who wouldn't want to be served meals and have our work load made lighter and our feet rubbed. All these things and more that we love as simply being human beings are all the things we are asked to do for others. Whatever. Do we think in this manner? Do we stop in our day and think "Man, I would love a cup of coffee but before I get myself something, I wonder if anyone else in my path might need a drink?" I really have never thought about it. Oh sure, if someone comes along and asks me for something, I am more than willing to do something about it but I have to say, I have rarely thought to do something for them that I would want for myself. That is a much taller order.

I also would like to think today about all of those along my daily walk who do for me. I have an entire crew around me each day that help make me a better person, that comfort me and help me through the day and I am not really sure they know how grateful I am. They help me carry my daily crosses as well as bring me simple joys. They set themselves aside and do for me. Most times, whatever.

Today I have plenty to think and pray about. I have those whom Jesus sets before me to do whatever for and I have those to be grateful for as they do for me. Take time. Do. Whatever. And be grateful for those who help us in our daily walk. With. Whatever.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38