01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto, Mount St. John in Dayton, OH 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto, Mount St. John in Dayton, OH

34
After visiting in Detroit a couple of weekends ago, my husband and I stop in Dayton, OH and visit Our Lady at the Lourdes Grotto at Mount St. John (Bergamo Center). 

What a beautiful place to spend time, say the rosary or walk the Stations of the Cross!


Our Lady is perched above, waiting, watching, listening. 


Bernadette is draped with a rosary. So often visitors leave behind a sign of their gratefulness to prayers answered or a symbol of their sadness or pain. Mary can handle it all for us. She wants us to visit so she can comfort and ultimately lead us to her Son.


As always, I love when Our Lady seems to give me a sign that she is glad we have visited. This particular day is Good Shepherd Sunday. As we leave, Emma (the GPS) leads us out of Dayton a different way and we pass a large field with a llama and a flock of sheep. Immediately I think, she has once again led me to think of her Son, His direction for my life, His guidance and His love.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38