01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Our Lady of Consolation - Carey, OH 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Our Lady of Consolation - Carey, OH

34
I love this display my sister and my mom put together for "Visiting Mary: Her U.S. Shrines and their Graces". I love the little grotto that was given to my grandfather many years ago in exchange for work he had done at the Ave Maria Grotto in Cullman, AL. I love the pink car to drive me around to the different grottoes and Marian shrines around the U.S. this summer. (Convertible?) I love all the brochures that the different Shrines sent to the store for us to hand out so customers might go and visit some of the beautiful shrines themselves, and the small overnight tote/hat box. How creative! I came home to this after being at the Religious Book Trade Exhibit in St. Charles, IL this past week. What a whirlwind that was but it was great to see familiar faces in the bookstore industry and to share ideas and to talk about and sign my book. I am grateful to the wonderful people at Franciscan Media/Servant Books for a great couple of days.

This weeks pictures are from the Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, OH. Not only is the history behind this shrine amazing but the continual stories of conversion and healing are something to be seen for oneself. We noticed the recent dates on "things" that people "left behind". Everything from leg braces to whiskey bottles to letters and pictures are left at the church after pilgrims have been blessed by Our Lady in some way. Our Lady of Consolation is a "dressed" figure and many of those who have had a healing in some way make a dress for her in gratitude for answered prayers.
Our Lady of Consolation

Prayer Requests left for Our Lady

Dresses made in thanksgiving to Our Lady

Left Behind

Inside the original Church

Shrine Park

Stations in Shrine park

Happy Father's Day

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38