01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: I'm Tough as Nails, Until... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I'm Tough as Nails, Until...

34
I love the Month of May. I love to attend May Crowning. I went to one last week at St. Cecilia, where my daughter is a Sophomore and one yesterday at St. Henry, where my son is in 8th grade and my youngest is in 6th grade. Yesterday the First Communicants processed down the aisle first and took their seats in the front followed by the 8th graders who processed down, the girls leaving roses in the vases at Mary's feet and the boys removing their boutonnières and placing them around the vases. We participated in the all school Mass, sang beautiful Marian Hymns with all the school children, prayed a decade of the Rosary and then these lovely eight graders crowned Our Lady with the wreath of flowers blessed by Fr. Mike and carried by these two sweet 2nd graders. Gets me every time. I cannot seem to contain the tears. They just well up and flow over despite where I sit or who is involved. I just cannot help but believe that Our Lady fills this place where she is honored with gifts of grace. I can feel the warmth of her presence amongst our children. All eyes are on Her as she is crowned Beautiful Mother, Queen of the Angels. Oh how she loves them as they honor Her!

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38