01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Scripture...For the First Time 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Scripture...For the First Time

34
Sometimes I feel like I have heard every bit of Scripture there is to hear and then, Bam! I hear something I've never heard before. Why haven't I been paying attention? Well maybe I have. I believe we hear what we need to hear when we need to hear it. I know. All of Scripture should be heard and paid attention to in it's entirety always. All I'm saying is that sometimes words or messages come into our lives at certain times for a reason. Sunday I heard this message loud and clear as if someone was holding my face in their hands and staring into my eyes.

"This man God raised on the third day and granted that he be visible, not to all the people, but to us,
the witnesses chosen by God in advance, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.
He commissioned us to preach to the people and testify that he is the one appointed by God
as judge of the living and the dead." Acts 34: 41,42

Everyone sitting around me heard the same thing. Everyone around me has been eating and drinking with Him since He rose. HE CHOSE US IN ADVANCE. Wow. HE COMMISSIONED US TO PREACH AND TO TESTIFY. This passage really made me sit up and pay attention. Why now? Why am I just now hearing this when I know it has been said to me many, many times before?

Every time I am given a new project, something I really do not have time for, I ask for someone to stop me, to shake me into the reality of a husband, six kids and a business. My life is full. But HE wants more. And it's not just about me. I can read just as well as the rest, He chose US, commissioned US. And we just have to believe that HE will never give us more than we can handle and we are never alone.

Go ahead. Say yes. I hear it all quite clearly. Step out there and testify. With our lives. With our words. With all that He has given us from the beginning. In advance. In advance He chose US. Look around today. They may not all be on our team, but they can be.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38