01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: My Legs Are Sore 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Legs Are Sore

34
"Jesus summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over unclean spirits.  He instructed them to take nothing for the journey but a walking stickā€“no food, no sack, no money in their belts." Mark 6:7,8

Two by two. Today Jesus wants us to go out two by two and preach the good news of repentance. Now I don't know about you but I need all the good news I can get right now. It's miserable cold and it has been gray outside for days and quite frankly I don't know how people take multiple days of this kind of weather. It's down right depressing. But Jesus, in His infinite mercy and love, sends us out to tell the Goods News. We need nothing but Him. We are to take nothing but Him. We are to stay away from those who do not believe. He is the good news. But, today my legs are sore and I do not feel like getting out there. It's gloomy and cold and again, did I mention my legs are sore.
Ya see, my crazy sisters have signed up to walk a half marathon for St. Jude's Hospital and they just know that I want to do it with them. They have bought shoes and socks and have a schedule to train for this event. And so, before I sign up, I am walking to see if I can even walk 13 point whatever miles. Then, as if things aren't bad enough, we read that the miles have to be walked in under 4 hours and if we are off the pace, we get picked up in a cart and moved forward. Hey, now I'm thinkin' I'm waving down that cart and climbing in. But, my two strong-willed sisters say "Nooo. No way we're getting on that cart. Train faster. Walk on. We'd rather not be able to walk for weeks after but we are not getting on that cart." And, I'm sure they will hard head themselves right along, mile after mile until the bitter end, as I use the jump on, jump off method of racing. Two weeks in training and my legs are sore.
Somehow, I have got to get past all the excuses and gather strength of mind like my two sisters. There is much work to be done and no time for whining. Where does it come from? How do they make the time? Aren't they cold and tired of the gray skies and the constant pounding of the pavement? They are definitely on a mission and two by two they are moving forward. Guess I need to get on the boat or get "left behind." Times a wastin'.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38