01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Journeying to Find the "Answers" in Life, Does Not Have to be Some Big, Well-Planned Trip 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Journeying to Find the "Answers" in Life, Does Not Have to be Some Big, Well-Planned Trip

34
Since watching the movie, The Way, I have been thinking about looking into a pilgrimage down the Camino de Santiago. When I watched Eat, Love, Pray, I wanted to look into a pilgrimage of prayer, like to the Holy Land with a group led by a priest or to Guadalupe or something. Actually, anytime I watch a movie or hear of another group going on a trip that "changed their lives forever," I'm ready to jump on board the next flight. I am constantly looking for the answers, a quick fix, something more. And, in some ways, I believe that is a good thing...searching for something more. But what I am finding, as I really pay attention to my day and the people I believe God is putting in my path, is that I definitely do not have to go anywhere to find the answers to the questions in my life. The Answer is in our midst day in and day out, in the people we meet, in our church Tabernacles, in the Breaking of the Bread. Where else do we really need to look for the answers but right in our own back yard? Besides, there's no place like home. There's no place like home.

As my son's class is finishing their 8th grade school year, parents are asked to put together pictures that will be put on a video shown at the class banquet at the end of the year. Since he is number 5 of 6 children, I had to scroll through many, many pictures to get to the ones I wanted to put in the video. I have boxes of pictures of my children, never organized, always a guess as to who some of the baby pictures are because they all look alike. I had more fun looking through those pictures and laughing and loving the fact that my children truly love one another. Raising six children, and I still have a ways to go, has been a journey within itself. As I look at these pictures, it's funny, but I remember all the good stuff. Even during the most trying years, we found something to laugh about or something to be thankful for in one another. As I journeyed, all I could do was thank God for these awesome children and their father and their grandparents who have been such an important part of their lives. Right here, on my dining room floor, with pictures piled around me, I took a long wonderful trip, I felt the hand of God, I received answers, I realized my life has been changed forever and I remembered He is right here and there's no place like home. There's no place like home.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38