01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Charity of Heart 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Charity of Heart

34
Probably would have been better had I posted this Tuesday when I heard the reading and homily but I am just behind right now. Too much on my plate but enjoying every bite.

"But as to what is within, give alms, and behold, everything will be clean for you." Luke 11:41

Pretty sure the Pharisees did not understand everything Jesus' was telling them anymore than I usually do, but I'm trying to listen and sometimes, just showing up helps immensely. After the Gospel reading, Fr. spoke about "Charity of Heart". He told a little about the movie "On Golden Pond" and finished with this from Ethel Thayer,

"Sometimes you have to look hard at a person, and realize he's doing the best he can."

Now that's something I can use at home, at work and at school and something I hope others can use when they work with me. Charity of Heart.
35 36 37 38