01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Marian Shrines 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Marian Shrines

34

Files of Shrines as we traveled


After two years of traveling around this beautiful country, I finally turned in my manuscript on Marian Shrines in the U.S. When we get an exact title, I will let the whole world know. As the Shrines are handed down to us from different Religious Communities or individuals with amazing story devotions to Our Lady, I feel they are the perfect topic for a while here at "Hand-Me-Down Heaven."

Let me begin by saying that there are so, so many wonderful Shrines to Our Lady throughout the U.S. I could never get to all of them in two years and maintain a job and have a family life outside of traveling. I merely tried to get to the ones that were within my reach naturally until I turned in all the possibilities and my outline and the publishing company asked for something out West. Then, I had to make some plans and work a little harder. But, the adventures and the wonders were worth every trip. We had some great times traveling and just being together. I also tried not to repeat "visions" or devotions to Our Lady. Although, I could not help myself a couple of times.

Mary, intercedes for us to her Son. It is with this in mind that we approached each Shrine. We traveled with the soul purpose of "visiting Mary" and allowing her to give us the grace for each day. We sat, many times, wondering why we were led to certain areas. We questioned where "Emma," our GPS, was leading us almost every single trip. But, in the end, she led us and we were amazed.

As I share our experiences, I hope you will share your visits with Our Lady. And, if you travel, take the time to see if there is a Shrine you can visit while in the area. You will be glad you did.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38