01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: St. Maximilian Kolbe - Marytown 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

St. Maximilian Kolbe - Marytown

34
My daughter and I had the extreme pleasure of visiting Marytown on one of our Marian Shrine jaunts through Illinois to Wisconsin. I knew it wasn't necessarily a "Marian Shrine" but I figured it must have something for me since A.....I was literally passing close and could easily stop and B....Maximilian was all about promoting Consecration to Mary.




So, now I am working hard to finish the writing portion of my Marian Shrine book and last night I came upon the folder for Marytown. I opened it and sat and sat and sat. I do that a lot with this project, patiently waiting for the words, the wow, anything. Hummm. Maybe I won't include the Shrine of St. Maximilian Kolbe. But wait, what about Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament?


She is tucked right in the beautiful Perpetual Adoration Chapel which is a wonderful place to visit and to spend time in prayer and meditation.





And still, I sit. Waiting. And. Nothing. So, I think maybe this means I will not use this particular visit in my book. It's fine. There are others, so I set it aside.

This morning I run my daughter to the orthodontist and we make it back in time for Mass before we go to register her for school. I couldn't believe when I opened my Magnificat that today is the Feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe. My heart dropped. I sat still and listened and I read the meditation which was from his writings on prayer. It was clear. His Shrine will be included with his emphasis on promoting Consecration to Mary Immaculate. After all, it's his day and why did I not realize that last night when I was looking for it? I have no idea. But today, I get it. Today there is a clear sign.



Here are more pictures from Marytown in honor of his day. I love this one of St. Francis. Marytown is under the direction of the Conventual Franciscan Friars.


                                                                    
   The Rosary Walk


Our Lady of Fatima


He took the place of a father in the concentration camps when someone had to die in exchange for an escape prisoner. He is the patron saint of drug addicts, prisoners, families and journalists. He has been given the title Apostle of Consecration to Mary. Happy Feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe!




Labels: ,

35 36 37 38