01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Feast of the Assumption - Mary's Continual Grace 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Feast of the Assumption - Mary's Continual Grace

34
On this Feast Day of the Assumption, I am sitting in my little "office" working on (as everyone in the world knows) my book on Marian Shrines. I'm thinking I should be working on Mary's Assumption in honor of the day but if you read yesterday's post, you know I am up North right now.

Mary has a certain little way of just giving me that extra bit of grace to not just persevere but to find joy in the amazing Godincidences she sets before me. I am working on the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help in New Franken, Wisconsin today. Reading more about the story and putting the finishing touches on our visit to the Shrine. It is a wonderful place and the only "approved by the Church" apparition of Mary in the United States that I know of.

As part of the story goes, in 1871 the Great Peshtigo Fire killed over 1500 people in this area of Wisconsin and threatened the Chapel and Convent and school at the Shrine. Sr. Adele, the visionary, along with all who had come for refuge from the fire, processed around the grounds with the statue of Our Lady and although the fire came right up to the fence, no harm was caused to the Shrine or any of the people there. This procession was the first of many.

"Each year on August 15th, the Feast of the Assumption, crowds gather (at the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help) with the Bishop to celebrate this day in honor of Mary, the Queen of Heaven, with a Rosary Procession and Outdoor Mass."



May Her Graces be showered upon us all on this special Feast Day of Our Lady.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38