01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

“Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?”

34

In today's Gospel, Jesus asks us two simple questions and I don't know about you but there are many days that I'd just have to answer, "I have no idea why I'm crying, I just am. And, along those same lines, I do not know who or what I'm looking for, I'm just searching."
Life gets busy! We tend to work ourselves into such a stew that we do not know whether we are coming or going nor why. Oftentimes, it's just time for a good cry. We're tired and spent. We've worked 8 hours, spread time and attention between spouse and children and friends and family, cooked, cleaned and done countless loads of wash. We love all we do and would not trade our lives for anything but we still wear down. We still weep. We still question. What do we want? What or who are we looking for?
Today, we hear Jesus tell us that it is all good. It is okay to cry. It is okay to question. It is okay to search. He is here with us on the road. When we feel like we have lost our best friend, when we have no where to turn, when we are at the top of our game or in the pits, He is here for us, unconditionally. Jesus loves us. He does not want us to be sad or confused but He knows what it's like to be human and He wants us to know that He's not leaving us. We cry. We search. We question. And through it all, He's here. Today and tomorrow and forever. Look for Him. He is right beside us. In the faces. In the situations. In the journey.

Painting - Jean Dortch (my mom)
35 36 37 38