01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: 4 W's 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

4 W's

34
I am trying my best to practice the 4 W's for the month of July hoping that it will magically turn from struggle to habit. It's not that I do not do some of the W's some of the time, but I am not consistent. I need consistency to accomplish goals. Don't we all? For my mind, my body, my soul and my spirit, I'm trying to water, to walk, to work and to write. That's it! Things my mom and my sister have been examples of for years. Natural Hand Me Downs. Simple, right? Water, Walk, Work, Write. Well, ya'd think but for me...I have to try. The writing is going quite well because I have a deadline for this next book and I am all over it. The work is automatic. But, the water and the walking tends to be put on the back burner because, because, because... I must confess that when I do walk and water, I feel that my mind is much clearer for writing and working. I feel I have more energy. Well, duh. But ya know how it is. Your parents or siblings can tell you something year after year, day after day and until it becomes your own idea, it's nothing. Just words. Of course, one of my daughters suggested I add wine to the list. I asked if it was W-H-I-N-E because that's what I tend to do when I'm drinking water instead of diet coke and when I have to leave watching TV to go walk. This morning I thought about adding the word wake because I've been getting up 15 minutes earlier to make the coffee and read the email so I can get to my writing and have a complete 2 hours before getting ready for work. But, for now, I will stick with these 4 disciplines: Water, Walk, Work, Write.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38