01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: San Antonio 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

San Antonio

34
Being the Feast Day of St. Anthony, I believe it is appropriate to share a little about my travels this past weekend to San Antonio, TX. What timing! My oldest daughter and I stayed in the historic St. Anthony Hotel downtown, winning an incredible dinner for two at the restaurant and enjoying easy access to the Riverwalk, La Villita and of course, the Alamo. I was there basically working on my next book, traveling down to San Juan for a couple of days to the amazing Shrine to Our Lady. (More about that later)
And, while in San Antonio, visiting the Mission Concepcion
and after speaking with a local merchant, visiting the San Jose Mission,
both of which are working Churches. Squeezing into San Jose with five minutes to spare, the kind Texas Ranger told us to take our time. Everything was beautiful from the inside of the Church to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe outside the Franciscan Rectory where a very kind brother allowed us to visit in the Chapel.
That morning, while writing in my journal, a piece of paper fell to the floor. I picked it up and noticed it was a list of the Shrines from one certain place on the internet. On the list was the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in San Antonio.
Since I have been to the Shrine in Emmitsburg, MD, I had crossed this one off my list. When I mentioned it to Beth, she said, "Let's go." The Shrine was beautiful and built up the side was a concrete stairway that led to a beautiful Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe and Juan Diego.
We ventured into the small building directly below and "happened" upon Eucharistic Adoration. Mary, always leading us to her Son. As we left, Beth simply said, "Divine Providence".
As I have reflected on our trip during this morning with St. Anthony, I realize just how wonderful it was that he was a part of leading us through San Antonio. Two lost girls from Tennessee finding so many treasures of Faith that city has to offer. I have posted this prayer before here after receiving it from the Church in Portugal where I visited the birthplace of St. Anthony. It's worth a re-post for today.

                                                      Five Minutes with St. Anthony
How long I was waiting for you, devoted soul, as I know very well the favors you need and want me to ask God.
I feel like doing everything for you, but, tell me one by one all your needs, as I wish to be the intermediary between your soul and God, to pour balm into your wounds. I feel the anguish of your heart and I want to join your sorrows.
Do you wish my help in business? Do you want protection to restore peace in your family? Do you want to get a job? Do you want to help poor people? Any necessitous person? Do you wish any tribulation to stop? Do you want your health or of someone you love very much? Courage, as you will obtain everything.
...I want you to be more devoted to our Mother, the Holy Mary...
How many, with earnest faith, have come to me with the bread of the poor in his hands and have been heard. They invoke me to be successful in business, to find a lost object, to obtain the conversion of someone distant from God; and I, for poor's love, whose misery is in my hands, obtain from God everything one asks and even much more. Now, go back to your work and don't forget what I have recommended you. Come always to me, because I'm waiting for you. Your visits will be pleasant to me, because you will never find a friend so affectionate as me.
I leave you in the Holy Heart of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38