01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Catholic Schools Week 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Catholic Schools Week

34
I am very fortunate that my parents sent me to Catholic Schools. In turn, I too am sending my children to those very same Catholic Schools. Each year, on the day of this week that is set aside for Parent's Appreciation Day, my husband and I get some kind of thank you from our children for sending them to Catholic Schools. This year it looks like this:


We got a kick out of the fact that she finds us both "revering". My guess is that she was asked to us a vocabulary word! Her teacher should have stressed...correctly. As usual, we were touched by our child and her teacher and her school, my old school. And, this morning as I read my morning prayer from the Magnificat, I read:


Your servant has revered the Lord from his youth. (1 Kgs 18:12)
Saint John Bosco devoted a great deal of attention to the question of how the young could be formed for a good, holy Christian life. He chose love rather than severity as his tool for teaching children to treasure God's will and promise.

Thank you Catholic School teachers and administration for forming my children for a good, holy Christian life and more importantly for loving them! God truly knows (especially with me as their mother) that it takes a village.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38