01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: As Usual...It's Right in Front of My Face 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

As Usual...It's Right in Front of My Face

34
God has a way of giving us all we need if we just trust in Him, pray, listen, believe. For me, when I need an answer to something "going on" whether I realize I need the answer or not, He seems to print things out for me plain and clear. I can take this many ways but to me it's this simple, I need answers to be written out for me and put right in front of my face.
This morning, I was bemoaning the fact that I had a difficult day at work yesterday, came home to a dinner where all that was left was ham and mac and cheese when the kids ate ham, mac and cheese, broccoli and rolls and I had to clean the pots and pans. I whined and ate a bowl of cereal. Big Baby.
I am reading an awesome, awesome book by Colleen Carroll Campbell, My Sisters The Saints. Did I mention that it is awesome? Anyway, so I am still a little worked up this morning about my bad yesterday and I proceed to read this: The reference is to a "woman's maternal gift going awry" and "when this happens, the generous, selfless mother (wishful) becomes the controlling matriarch with a martyr complex whom no one can please." (And there's much more.)  "Edith (Stein) suggests two remedies for a woman who finds herself falling into this trap. The first...thoroughly objective work...sweeping...researching a term paper. Such work forces a woman to submit to laws outside herself, helps her escape her obsessive focus on herself and her own emotions, and encourages her to develop self-control, an important discipline for the spiritual life."
Well, well, well. Okay Lord. I hear You loud and clear. Ya see, I've been procrastinating working on this new book which needs quite a bit of research work and bam! I'm back to work as of today and back on track and working through my whining and well, my acting the martyr. I can see I have quite a bit of work to do and this book has given me so much to think about as far as the lives of certain Saints that I would like to read more of. 
So, as usual, He spells it out for me and puts it right in front of my face.  God is so good.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38