01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: A Retail Worker's after Christmas Dream and more 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Retail Worker's after Christmas Dream and more

34
I know that the Christmas Season is not quite over but today I have sent the 3 youngest back to school and I am home, with a self-sufficient son and a new puppy, catching up on my life and ready to start a New Year! When ya work retail, ya truly appreciate a day just to pick up the house, do laundry, bake a birthday cake (my youngest is 11 years old today...Happy Birthday Jules!) and write...alone. I received a new book contract right before Christmas Day and I am soooo excited but that also means that it is time to work...alone. I know that Ash Wednesday is just around the corner and I know that means Confirmations and Communions and new Catholics coming into the Church (awesome), along with fasting and penance and preparations. We are displaying Lenten materials as quickly as we can put away Christmas items, waiting for the Kings to arrive first, of course. It's a whirlwind in retail and I can see in the exhausted faces of workers from other stores, those that stay open many more hours than our store, that it's not just workers in the Christian industry who long for a day...alone. But, I have to say, the Season has been and is wonderful. The customers and the families and the waiting and the birth and the celebrating and the gift giving and receiving are all a part of truly the "most wonderful time of the year". But for today, this retail worker's after Christmas dream is just a little peace and quiet and time...alone.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38