Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week at a Glance

My parents subscribe to the Magnificat; therefore, so do I. They both read morning Scripture; therefore, so do I. They both attend morning Mass; therefore, I'm working on that. Ya see, I see that they have had a pretty good life overall. Yes, the trials (me included) and yes, the daily grind, but overall I bet they would say it's been good. And, I bet they'd say they attribute most of it, if not all of it, to their faith. Many "things" our parents hand down to us, we may not really want. For instance, in the doctor's office yesterday for my son's physical, the doc started going over all the medical issues on both sides of our family and man, please, feel free not to hand those down. But, the faith, the trust in God for everything, the gratefulness to God for it all, even in the toughest times...that, we welcome to be handed down.
All of this brings me to a quick sharing of a glance at my week. Monday morning, my eldest had a late start so as my routine is to wake him at 6am then my daughter next, I completely forgot to wake my daughter. As 6:36 rolled around, I jumped from in front of my computer and ran to her room. Her ride was outside the house at 6:40. At 6:50 she got in the car. "Tell them I am so sorry. And yes, you can also set the alarm on your phone from now on." I didn't want all the blame. Now, the 6:30 shower for the next son was off time wise, and so was mine, which made the youngest late to wake and we were rushing to school like a crazy family. Thank goodness we are 3 minutes away. As I knelt before Mass, all I could say was "hectic" and all I got in return was "rest in Me". All I needed. And the morning prayer in the Magnificat, "Every morning we arise afresh in Christ our Light". Thank the good Lord tomorrow morning promises the possibility of a better start. Tuesday morning, all was well and again, I knelt before Mass and lifted up my children to be watched over and guided and guarded and I received that my eldest' pause in her job (Monday was her first day without work so she is doing much needed online work for the bookstore) was not about anything more than using her as an instrument to further evangelize. And the meditation in the Magnificat, "Stop trying to think out a solution for the moment; there isn't one. One day there may be; God will then show it to you. In the meantime, accept it all as being the big thing for God and his Church that he asks of you..." Wednesday, my youngest was serving for the all school Mass and as I sat in the Church, the sun was shining right into my face, blinding me. I kept my head down and read in my Magnificat before Mass, "The bright light of the risen Sun, Jesus Christ, shines to all parts of the earth. Let us walk in His light and follow His way, that, reflecting His brightness, we may enlighten the eyes of the blind with faith and hope." As the Mass progressed, I noticed that same Sun was shining intensely on the face of my little altar server. And lastly for any readers that have hung on this long, today, on my day off, I was headed to vote and read, "Let us put into God's hands our heart, our soul, the deep recesses of our being wherein dwell those beliefs and thoughts that govern our actions, so that He may guide us in the ways of the Gospel." May the Gospel be our guide, every hour of every day, a day at a time and a week at a glance. And, may God Bless America!

1 comment:

  1. With as hectic as family life is, it is always a great blessing. And yes, may the Gospel be our guide, every hour of every day.

    Thank you for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete