01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: On the Road Again 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

On the Road Again

34
Once again I had the incredible opportunity to set up shop in Maggie Valley, NC for the priests of the Charlotte Diocese. Each year I take a van load of books and vestments and churchware for them to peruse between scheduled events of their retreat. Each year I come away with a little more on my mind. The area alone is worth the drive and the time. It is beautiful in those mountains as the leaves are turning colors, with the cool air moving in.

I was a little hectic before I left, setting up a book fair for one of the area schools and leaving my family to host the Midwest Church Guild for the weekend and on Monday and having my mom and my sister cover for me at a book club on Tuesday taking books to be donated to an area hospital. But, it all worked out as usual and I am home, having driven until after midnight and picking up the last of the book fair this morning.

Each day that I was in Maggie Valley I thought about how hectic I had been trying to get everything settled before I left. I thought about how hectic I make my life and I thought about what I could do to make things a little less hectic. Hmmm. Not take the bookstore out to the people. Well, no, that's part of our mission. Not be in the Catholic Book Club. Well, no, I enjoy those people and it makes me read books I normally may never read. Not allow people from other parts of the U.S. to come visit our store and see how we operate and what an amazing job my mom and sister do with our displays and my husband does in the small space we allow him to have. Well, no, I think God gave them talents that need to be shared. Not write. Well, no way, I love to write. So, this day as I begin the first day of a Year of Faith, I am contemplating all that God has put into my life, my awesome kids included, and I am thanking Him every day for the opportunity to have to juggle, to have to find creative ways to get it all done. Sitting alone for 3 days with the occasional visit from a priest can make a person contemplate. Lord, what do You want me to do each day? Teach me Your ways. Let me be Your hands. Let me walk Your path. Show me. Lead me. Give me Faith.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38