01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: St. Bernard of Clairvaux 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

34
Today is the Feast Day of St. Bernard and while reading a short bio of his life I not only read about his reform of Monastic life and his settling of schisms in the church but also about his deep love for Mary. I found his words most comforting for this time in our world when life seems uncertain. I have been spending quite a bit of time lately reading about Our Lady. I have a "bee in my bonnet" as my mother would say and I have been working it through with Her, believing she has something to help me with that I haven't quite "put my finger on". These particular words, this particular morning, were exactly what I needed. As you well know, I love when this happens. Just the right sign, at just the right time, sent from above. God-incidence.

“In dangers, in doubts, in difficulties, think of Mary, call upon Mary. Let not her name depart from your lips, never suffer it to leave your heart. And that you may more surely obtain the assistance of her prayer, neglect not to walk in her footsteps. With her for guide, you shall never go astray; while invoking her, you shall never lose heart; so long as she is in your mind, you are safe from deception; while she holds your hand, you cannot fall; under her protection you have nothing to fear; if she walks before you, you shall not grow weary; if she shows you favor, you shall reach the goal” (St. Bernard).

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38