01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Give the Man His Credit 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Give the Man His Credit

34
"O LORD, you mete out peace to us, for it is you who have accomplished all we have done."

Ah Ha! This is why my world is not in a constant state of peace. Ya know, it is so easy for me to get caught up in accomplishments. It is easy for me to forget that ALL the Glory goes to Him.

My kids are complimented for their behavior and I smile and pat myself on the back for being such a good parent. People stop me and comment on what a great bookstore St. Mary's is and I thank them and think how much my hard work has paid off. Someone takes the time to tell me how much they like my books and I tell them stories about the next book coming or how well one of them has worked out. Give Me A Break! I ask God every morning to hold my children in His hands and to send the store customers and to allow my writing, His Words, to touch one person each day. I bang my head against the wall about situations and yet, He'd be glad to measure out the peace if I'd just give the Man His credit. They are His children, the store is all about Him and the ideas sit confused unless He has something to say so why in the world do I forget that it's just not about me?

Lord, "it is you who have accomplished all we have done." You give us the strength, You give us the wisdom, You give us one another and when we acknowledge all that, You give us peace.
35 36 37 38