01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Jesus at My Side 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Jesus at My Side

34
As the publication date of my new book from Our Sunday Visitor gets closer, I get more nervous. As the quote from the publisher states, Jesus at My Side "provides the simplest of approaches to walk with Jesus every day. 365 quotes from Jesus coupled with 365 personal reflections and life observations create a unique and refreshingly intimate opportunity for timeless prayer and companionship."

"Awaken your soul to the messages of Jesus in a new and different way. Be inspired and humbled. Be humored and pensive. Take a daily walk with Jesus."

It's personal and it's simple. So, as I wait and sweat, I read, "There is a boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish"... Simple. Jesus did not need two hundred days wages or to send someone into town or to cause anyone stress. He needed them simply to recline, to rest, to relax. Jesus loves those who have come to hear His words and He feeds them. He doesn't want these people over thinking or over reacting. He wants them to be filled to the point of overflowing, thus leftovers. His message is simple...love one another. Take what's right smack in front of you and really, love one another.

Still, I'm nervous so I think, hey, since my publication date is April 24th, wonder, in my book, what Jesus' words are for that day and I read, "Why are you terrified, O you of little faith?" Matt8:26  Simple, right? I had to laugh.

He never ceases to amaze me.


Jesus' words are truth and in His words we find peace and guidance and most of all love.
35 36 37 38