01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: All School Mass 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

All School Mass

34
I am very fortunate that I have the time before work to go to morning Mass. It is actually rather difficult to drop the kids off and not stop for 40 or so minutes. Wednesday is the all school Mass and I can sit in my spot and see my son singing with the choir as well as my 8th grader with her kindergarten buddy and my 4th grader with her class. I love this Mass. The kids love saying the "new" responses loud and clear and the music is wonderful. I spend the rest of the day with the Mass songs in my head.

Yesterday, I noticed a young dad sitting in my same pew who I have noticed for many weeks in a row. Don't get me wrong, there are several parents who come to this Mass. I love seeing their children give them "the look" as they pass them walking in with their class. Children like to see their parents at Mass. So, back on topic... The parents in the back are allowed to go to Communion first, then the school children. As we went down, the (I think) 3rd graders were coming out of the right side front pews. This dad reached out and rubbed his son's head and the boy turned and gave a large smile in return. Then, right in front of me, they both slightly bowed and received Jesus at the same time. What a moment! What a special time for this young boy and his dad! Of course, it brought tears to my eyes and goose bumps to my arms. One time out of his busy day...one special moment with his son...one lucky witness.
35 36 37 38