01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Conversion of St. Paul 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Conversion of St. Paul

34
As I listened to the reading yesterday on the conversion of St. Paul, I could not help but compare Paul's awakening to my own everyday morning routine. As the sleep falls from my eyes, I begin a new day, a whole new possibility for my life in Christ.
Mornings are the best time for me to pray and to think, you know, before anyone else wakes. This particular morning I cannot help but compare my daily life with this one particular day when Ananias says, "Saul, my brother, the Lord has sent me, Jesus who appeared to you on the way by which you came, that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit." As I rub my eyes, bringing my day into focus, I am filled with the Holy Spirit. We all are. We all have the chance at new possibilities for a new day. I am refreshed and ready to meet the challenge of spreading the Good News by words and by action and then...the world awakes and I am aware of just how difficult it is to truly be a follower of Jesus from the time my eyes are open until they close at night.
I get pretty far into the morning and then a customer insists on something I do not have to give and I am aware of my lack of patience. I try harder. I get farther into the afternoon and a customer calls to complain about something on our website that is out of stock for the year. Instead of apologizing for the 3rd time, I defend. I am aware of my short temper. A customer stops me from leaving on time to get my child from school. I try to pass him off on another employee. I am aware of my rudeness.
As I drive, I am fully aware of my failures. I try to end my day with my family with a little more Christian attitude.
As the sleep falls from my eyes this morning, I begin a new day, a whole new possibility for my life in Christ.
35 36 37 38