Thursday, December 15, 2011

You'd think...

You would think that a person working in a Christian Book and Gift Shop during December would have something to blog about everyday. You'd think she would be dying to share all those awesome stories that she hears from customers and from employees and from family. You'd think she would take the time to tell about the visit from Emanuele Fontanini and the request for the city to remove the port-a-john from the parking lot for the day, the visit from St. Nicholas, and I mean St. Nicholas, and the stories told about his life and the families who's lives he has touched, the trip to Memphis to set up a Christmas shop for the students at St. Benedict and St. Francis and the response and remarks of grateful kids and teachers and the constant oooos and ahhhs as customers enter our West End store and spend time and enjoy the season. You'd think that being in the midst of the reason for the season day in and day out would bring about some sort of daily writing but instead it has all made me busy. And I mean a good kind of busy. I am busy doing all the things I need to be doing and I am enjoying it all. I want to write and sit and write some more but I need to keep moving. As I sat with my kids and watched the movie Finding Nemo last night, and I needed to sit and watch that with my family, I was reminded by Dori to, "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." You see this year although you'd think that I have so much to share and to tell, I think that I have discovered that there is a right time for everything and I have to go with my gut and I believe that my gut is telling me to enjoy what needs to be done. Roll around in it, take time with it, breathe it all in and write about it later. Things may be different tomorrow but for today, just when you'd think I have so much to tell, I am silenced by the season.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more- a time for everything. A time to blog and share and a time to experience and let it all sink in. I try not to let it bother me when I haven't written more than one blog post a week and remember to write when I feel called.

    I look forward to reading your stories in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I did have a customer ask me where to get a St. Andrew chaplet and I sent her to you. Said the girl who taught her about the novena learned from her grandmother who used clothes pins to count.

    ReplyDelete