Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Play Well

Joseph wept. Were his brothers sorry because he was their family and they mistreated him or were they sorry because of the consequence?
When we were young and our parents punished us for mistreating another sibling, I know, without a doubt, that I was sorry because I got caught. Now, as I correct my own children for teasing one another, they immediately have some excuse but rarely are they sorry because their sibling is hurt, rather because they are soon to be punished. Yep, what goes around comes around. Now, I'm just saying, God made us a family and although we didn't get to pick our siblings we should some how learn to get along because we should, not to keep from some punishment. From as far back as the OT to the NT to the 1960's to now, parents and leaders have been trying to teach us all to just love one another. To care for one another. To not sell out our brother the minute something better comes along or he/she irritates us. Jesus chooses His Apostles, us as disciples, as students, to learn to live together, to work together, to play together and to get along. Sometimes the way we treat one another makes us too want to weep. We are a family and the need to be together has been handed down through generations. Today, may we treat all as family, loving one another, treating each other well because it is the right thing to do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I can relate to this! My sister still tells of the thing I did to her (not mentioning what she did to me!) to everyone. I'm described as being brutal in contrast ... and we are in our 50's! Will it ever end? I now have the battle of "call your brother", reponse: "he never calls me". Do two wrongs make a right? Food for a good post by me, I think!

    Thank you for this, Julie.

    Blessings,
    Abbey ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Abbey. You're right, someone always has to just give in, let go. Two wrongs never make a right but easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete