Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Blessing of God's Peace

As I open my Magnificat (daily reading and so much more magazine) yesterday, the short morning meditation is a continuation of my own meditation and morning blog. I sit with the words just long enough to feel the Holy Spirit move throughout. "The unity for which Christ lived and died is not an abstract ideal. It is the result of hard work: suspending judgment, choosing others before self, forgiving, seeking reconciliation rather than nursing hurt pride. In other words, it requires that we die to self in Christ. The fruit? The blessing of God's peace!" Ahhhh, God's peace. The death of these things, all this stuff that holds us back, allows me to shrink so that Christ can be seen and the outcome is peace. God's peace. I thanked God to read that it is "hard work". It sounds so easy and yet it is all such a struggle for me to work on my dirt, to work on my self, to discover this blessing. God's peace.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff! I just love my Magnificat too. It always seems to speak to my heart and to bring those daily readings to a higher level of understanding.

    God Bless You Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Magnificat every morning. I just love it.

    I like how you you say "seeking reconciliation rather than nurse hurt pride"....dying to self is hard and I must do it daily. Some days I am much better than other days. I thank God for his patience with me!

    ReplyDelete