01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Work Each Day Toward a Firm Foundation 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Work Each Day Toward a Firm Foundation

34
Our reading from Matthew today is all about firm foundations and it has made me think long and hard about what kind of foundation I'm building in this house. I've also been thinking deeply about how critical I am of others and how I know because I am seeing this being handed down to my children. This needs to stop. No doubt. I had no idea how bad I was until the same habits started showing up in the kids. Ouch! I'm sure that God did not mean for me to build a foundation of judgment and righteousness. Where did that come from? My parents don't do that...judge others. As a matter of fact, they could not stand for us to speak about our siblings or anyone else for all that matter. You know, my mom had all the sayings like "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" and "Walk in someone else' shoes" and something about looking in a mirror. Today, I hear loud and clear the importance of building good foundations because I am well aware that all eyes are on me. My children are reflections of my work and if my work is not for the Lord and of God, then it is better that it not be rock solid so that it can wash away and we can start all over. A firm foundation, rich in mercy and humility and acceptance. It's so much easier to break down than to build up. Thank God, each day is a new beginning. God help us all. In the world and in my house.
35 36 37 38