Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What Concern of it is Yours?

In the Saturday's optional reading from John 21, we hear Jesus tell Peter to mind his own business and just follow Him. Oh boy did this ring home with me. Always thinking about what everyone else is doing and saying and how I measure up to what God expects of me versus others. Fr. Joe said, "What about him? What about her? Why do we worry about others, about fairness, about equality? We are to keep our eyes and our heart focused on Christ because as St. Therese would tell us, 'He is enough.'" And so He is. Thank God, He is.

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder! Following Christ is straightfoward, but I know I tend to complicate things when I take my eyes off the cross and compare my soul to others.

    I found your blog through Catholic Mothers Online. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete