Thursday, March 3, 2011

“What do you want me to do for you?”

Everyday, whether in our homes or our communities or our businesses, we ask someone this very question, "What do you want me to do for you?" We serve and serve and serve, no doubt. Well today (every day for all that matter), we draw the lucky straw because we hear Jesus ask blind Bartimaeus, and therefore us this very question, "What do we want Him to do for us?" What are our wants and our fears? Go ahead. Tell Him. He wants us to speak. He is listening. Ask.
Well, if He's asking: I have one graduating from college and I pray she finds a job that she loves. I have 2 signing up for classes for next year and I pray they make the right decisions and get the classes that will help them in this world. I have one who just turned 13 and I pray she softens her ways. I have an intense little eleven year old and I pray he chills. And I can just pray, pray, pray for this nine year old that reminds me of me. May God hold them all in the palm of His hand. Bless my husband and send customers to our bookstore and watch over my parents and my siblings and our church and our country. And as for me, I'd like all of the above to work so that I have no stress and can sit and write my little heart out.
Now, a warning, as always, we must be careful what we wish for because He will give us what we need, not necessarily what we think we need. Look at St. Katharine Drexel today who went to Rome to ask the Pope to send more missionaries to help the Indians and the poor in her state and Jesus chose her to give away all she had, evidently millions, and start missions and schools in 16 states. Eeek.
Seriously, today, He's asking. What do we want Him to do for us? Answer Him.

3 comments:

  1. I join my prayers with yours Julie! God bless you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend. I am joining you in prayer for our children.

    "May God hold them all in the palm of His hand."

    ReplyDelete