Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Aye! The wearing of the green, shamrocks, green beer, corn beef and cabbage and blessings abound. A great man was St. Patrick himself. Diligent in his conversion of Ireland coming back over after he had been captured and sold as a slave by the Irish and escaped. He was known for teaching and preaching and forming more missionaries to go and do the same. As I contemplate this day we honor such a hardworking man, I cannot help but think of my grandmother, Rose Reginald Mary Claire Dalton. I've spoken about her before in this same spot and I mention her again today obviously because she's on me Irish side. I have a small frame in my office of the Dalton Family crest and where they came from and where they landed and at the top there is the Motto: Patience is Victorious! I know Patrick must have needed much patience with all the opposition he encountered and all of us who know my father and his brother also know that my grandmother must have had the greatest amount of patience of any woman in Nashville. A strong woman of faith, a brilliant mind, she had to keep a tight rein on those two "imps". I must say that I believe her patience was victorious. Those two boys of hers turned out okay despite their continued antics. She blessed our family with as many blessings as are attributed to St. Patrick himself. Aye! Quite a lady! Quite a Saint! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Love family stories! Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete