Monday, February 28, 2011

Needle's Eye

I know, I know, I'm not posting until I finish my work but I had to share my thought about the Scripture reading for today.
“Children, how hard it is to enter the Kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the Kingdom of God.”

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but ever since I edged toward 50 and since it's arrival, I cannot see anything up close. And I mean nothing. The eye of a needle! I can't even see the eye much less pass through it. With the rapid growth of my boys, I have been in continual hemming mode. Buying pants long and tacking up for a month or two than letting them back down. I don't like to sew much and I cannot stand to thread the needle, well, because, I cannot even see that tiny little hole much less slip thread through it. And whoever invented what I found out was called a needle threader (I thought there might be a person it was named after like Isaac's eye wire thingy or something) is brilliant.
My point here is that I'm guessing I need to get rid of all the stuff in this world that keeps me from God because I cannot even see that needle's eye much less get a needle threader and pull a camel through. Tight squeeze, no doubt.

Lord, give me all the little tools in life to help me get closer to You.

1 comment:

  1. This Scripture always gives me some pause, as well it should! I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers Online. Please stop by and return the favor.

    ReplyDelete