Monday, January 17, 2011

Three Girls and a Truck

My two sisters and I have flown down to Naples,FL this weekend to pack furniture from a condo my parents have sold and load a U-Haul and drive it back to Atlanta and to Nashville. I have to admit, my dad had done most of the work before we got here so we have had plenty of time to get in a little shopping and time on the beach. How is it that we can leave temperatures in the 'teens and fly the friendly skies for only a few hours, remaining in the U.S., and have to wonder the following day if we may get sunburn while we walk the beach? It is beautiful down here and every time we venture down, we wonder why we don't come down more often. Oh yes! Maybe it's because we have 15 children and 7 jobs (outside the home) between the 3 of us.
Today we pick up our truck and load and prepare for the long road back home. We will miss our parents and I know they will miss us. As always, we have had a great time together laughing ourselves silly. I came down to bring back beds to our house and as usual I get to bring back many great stories of good times together with my sisters, my mom and my dad. I can't tell you how many people commented on how lucky my dad was to be with four women. And, we're lucky to be with him. And may I add, I'm lucky to have a husband and kids who make it possible for me to leave Nashville.
The drive will be a trip, I'm sure. I'll follow up here after some recovery time. But in the meantime, I have to enjoy one more day of sunshine! Thank you mom and dad.

1 comment:

  1. What a great and needed respite from the winter doldrums! Enjoy your last day of sunshine and good company!

    ReplyDelete