Monday, November 1, 2010

Who's Your Favorite Saint?


This is one day I wish I had a large audience because I'd love to hear about other people's favorite Saint. If you have a favorite Saint or have read a great book on a Saint or have had a neat encounter with a Saint, I'd love to hear it. At the bookstore one year, we had a contest for 4th and 5th graders. They had to tell about their favorite Saint and how that Saint had affected their life in some way. We received incredible stories.
I personally have a difficult time choosing and wouldn't want to slight any of my friends above but today I think I'll choose St. Bernadette, strictly for her persistence despite the trials. I love her youthfulness, her simplicity, her obedience, her love and her faith. I can envision her digging in that dirt while everyone around her just stared in horror at her actions. I can hear her sweet, soft, kind voice repeating the words of Our Blessed Mother. She says she is "the Immaculate Conception."
If you have a blog, encourage those who read to come over and let us know who their favorite Saint or Saint book is for today the Feast of All Saints. I'd love to learn more.

8 comments:

  1. My favorite saint is St. Francis. His humility and simplicity is very admirable, but the thing I like about him the most is the childlike joy he had in all things. I'll like your site to mine and hopefully more people will comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is St. Monica. praying continuiously for her family, and staying faithful to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is St. Catherine of Sienna. I love that she was a strong woman... a doctor of the church. I love reading about her life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! just became a follower of your blog and realized you are the author of the book I have :) I received Bless my Child as a gift when I have my 2nd little one.
    So neat to see you on a blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saint Gianna has got to be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. St.Joan of Arc right now. I did a novena to her earlier this year and learned a lot about her life and legacies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite saint from the time I was a young girl was St.Maria Goretti. I was eleven years old when I first read her story-the same age she was when she died. I adopted her as my patron saint.
    I loved the fact that she had such a maturity about her at the age of eleven--that she understood how important purity was and the horror of sin. That really made an impression on me, and inspired me to also be pure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Favorite saint: Saint Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete