Friday, October 15, 2010

Nothing Concealed

“There is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have said in the darkness will be heard in the light,
and what you have whispered behind closed doors will be proclaimed on the housetops."

Well, today's reading can be a little scary for those of us who love to keep up on the "scoop" and for those of us who complain "in secret" about what others do and don't do. It's going to be said and evidently not just said but shouted. Great! My constant and continual, "I know every priest is tired of hearing", confession is that I talk about others. I can justify this all I want and say we're just joking around, no one gets hurt, I just vent, blah blah blah, but truth of the matter is that no matter what, it's wrong and it's an awful example to my children. I'm constantly on my girls about not talking about others. Well I wonder where they get that from? So, as I type this it seems familiar that I have had a similar post but I am going to continue to work on this because guess what? He's going to tell everyone eventually anyway so if I have something to say about someone, I might as well just tell them now. Save these priests some time and energy. As my mother would always say, "Keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them." "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

I have to give one shout out to St Teresa of Avila on her feast day, a great woman, great writer and great reformer. We could use her today with all the reform that needs done around here. "Oh, my Lord! How true it is that whoever works for you is paid in troubles! And what a precious price to those who love you if we understand its value."

3 comments:

  1. Can also view the reading as a relief. For any person who has been falsely accused or lie about, the truth will come out. We might not know how long it will take, but it will come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Jill and our God is full of relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is our relief and our hope as we wait.

    ReplyDelete