Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Was Sure When I Left Here

I feel sure that when I left for Chicago early Wednesday morning there was fruit and juice in the fridge and granola snack bars in the pantry. I just arrived home after a short but wonderful visit (actually I worked) to find Mint Oreo Fudge Creams (whoa! good), Chunky Chips Ahoy, Garden Salsa Sun Chips and Dr. Pepper. Now don't get me wrong, personally I like it but what happened to trying to do better around here in the snack category? The minute I step out, the fun begins. There's no tellin' what I'm going to find at the bookstore tomorrow. I guess the old saying is still true, "When the cat's away, the mice will play." This reminds me of all the things we did when we were kids and our parents went out of town. I mean, how good we were. I can just imagine my kids' faces when their dad showed up with those treats. But, hey kids, I'm baaaackkkkkk!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny! It just means that we filling the void of you being gone with something else that's good- or at least tastes good!

    ReplyDelete