Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blessed Mother Teresa

Today we celebrate the feast of Blessed Mother Teresa. As is my normal routine, after my daily reading I clicked to find a short story of Mother Teresa and decided to put a quote from her on my site for today. When reading through the lists, I noticed this quote and thought I might choose, "If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it."
As one who tells my children things over and over and over, I loved this message of refueling, of continual burning, of sending out. But, I passed over to read more choices only to find the exact same quote two or three spaces down. Now if that's not confirmation, I don't know what is. And so, today we have this quote from Mother Teresa, "If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it."
There is so much in this message from her today. She was definitely all about the love of Christ. She was all about His message to be heard and His love and His message to be sent out. She was all about not hiding her lamp under a bushel. She was all about refueling the lives of those she came in contact with and she was all about taking opportunity, living open to His call and loving and loving and loving. Today, spread the message of love. Light your lamps and keep them refueled. Burn brightly in the name of Christ and make a difference, if only to one person. And love. And love. And love.

3 comments:

  1. Last night I added a quote on the bottom of my blog....guess who from? Divine. I had no idea today is her feast day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love when that happens! The quote you added is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quote and post. A good reminder that love doesn't just happen. We actually have to use fuel (Jesus). Thanks for stopping by my place today. :-)

    ReplyDelete