Saturday, August 14, 2010

St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe

What an amazing short life story in St. Maximilian Kolbe! Today I have to take a moment to think outside the story of this great man to figure out how to learn from his life and his death. I am realistic to think that God is not going to call me to martyrdom. I could be wrong but I can't see Him asking me to die in place of someone in order to share eternal life with Him. Or does Him? As I sit and think about this Saint's life, I realize that every day, God does ask me to die to self. He asks me to take the place of all that distracts me, of all that tempts me, of all that seems to give me anything better in life than to do for and spend time with Him. Like this incredible Saint, we are offered a crown of white and a crown of red, to be pure and to die (to self). Like this Saint, we can sing of the goodness of God in the face of daily trials and sufferings. We can simply do our day to day tasks with love. We can offer ourselves to others and remain nameless. We can perform acts of charity without recognition. (I tend to like to tell the world when I do something for others). We can be an example to others of what it means to truly follow Christ in His life, His passion and His death. We may think it's no big deal but following our call in life with a song in our heart and with a positive attitude and following all the way through each day is what He wants of us. God help me to persevere and like St. Maximilian, help me to do so with love.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a new reader. Can't wait to see more from your blog! Please follow me back at The Nutritionist Reviews and Giveaways: http://couponclippingnutritionist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post about Max. We hear of the martyrs of long ago and we marvel at their lives, but here is a modern time everyday priest who willingly gives up his life for another. Max must have known he'd never leave that dungeon alive yet he stepped forward. At that moment God gave him the grace of tremendous fortitude and love, and for us he became an example to strive for. Again, very nice post. k

    ReplyDelete