01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: In Our Midst 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

In Our Midst

34
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” This is just the right verse for me this week as I prepare my children to return to school. Four different schools means four different schedules so things around here are a little hectic. And, as the schedule changes here at the house so also for our bookstore. The school moms will be returning as the college kids leave and the transition is never quite as smooth as I wish it to be. But, I am fortunate to have all the craziness and I know it. Amidst the juggling of schedules, I feel the presence of God in our midst. Granted, when I'm tired I wish I could be holding onto that altar not allowing anyone to pull me back into the world as we read about St. Clare this morning. I long for some solitude and some quiet time but I know that will come and I will long to be back in the craziness of my life. Besides, who would truly wish the rough life of St. Clare upon themselves. She suffered greatly for Our Lord and she worked hard to bring the poor and the sick to Him. St. Clare, help us to remember that He is in our midst through all the scheduling and gathering and trials and worries. Teach us to bring it all to the altar and not to cling to the ways of this world. Watch over our children and help them to know that He is in their midst.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38