Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Big 5-0

Since I'm probably half way through my life, I'd just like to take this brief moment to thank God and all He has put in my path thus far. Longevity's in the genes on one side anyway, so it's possible this is my half life birthday and I am so grateful for all I have and all I have been refused. I must admit, if God had given all I've prayed for in the past, I'd probably be in trouble by now. But, since He does know better and only gives what is good, well... Yes, there have been disappointments and yes, there have been tragedies and yes, there have been tough times but I am so fortunate to have someone who loves me despite myself. I have a wonderful husband (he won't read this) and awesome kids (they will) and incredible parents and siblings (they might). It hasn't always been great but I am grateful, not always smooth but we have sailed, not easy but we've moved forward. And, most of all, it's included faith and love and tons of fun.
From a card I received, the year I was born, 1960, included the filming of West Side Story and the premier of My Three Sons. The cartoons that were most popular were Peanuts and Lil Abner. A movie ticket was .69, a stamp .04, a home $13,725, a gallon of milk $1.04, and bread .20. And the fact I truly love since I just refurbished a 1963 convertible, Ford's new Falcon became the top selling compact. God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Julie, people don't realize that we should thank God for EVERYTHING, whether good or bad, He has allowed it for a very good reason. Proud of you for recognizing this. Great post!

    Blesssings,
    Abbey♥

    ReplyDelete