Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away


I cannot believe the amount of damage that two days worth of rain has brought to Nashville and other surrounding areas. As flood waters continue to rise, I have found myself begging God to stop the rain. It's actually scary watching the water rise in my yard and realize that there is more rain coming. As the banks of the Cumberland River come close to overflowing, I am concerned for all of the businesses in the downtown area, including my own which is quite some ways from the river. Today, I pray for those whose homes and businesses are damaged from the floods. I pray for those who have lost families members because of the storms. I pray for all that is ahead of us and I beg God to help this community to work together to get through this disaster. Jesus, You walked on water and calmed the storm and quieted the fears of a motley crew of fishermen. Be with us in our needs. Calm our fears and help us to work together. We know there is more to come and ask that You be with us as we deal with the days and weeks ahead. As always, may the work of our hands reflect You.

1 comment:

  1. Julie: So sorry to hear about this. I found this prayer online.

    PRAYER FOR PROTECTION AGAINST STORMS AND FLOODS
    Graciously hear us, O Lord, when we call upon You, and grant unto our supplications a calm atmosphere, that we, who are justly afflicted for our sins, may, by Your protecting mercy, experience pardon. Through Christ our Lord.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete