01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: Living Stones 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Living Stones

34
"Come to him, a living stone, rejected by human beings but chosen and precious in the sight of God, and, like living stones, let yourselves be built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ."
I love to read Scripture as if the writer is speaking directly to me. Today, Peter calls us to come to Jesus who himself was a human rejected by the world and yet chosen by the Father. He tells us to come to Him and allow ourselves to be built up as living stones into a spiritual house, (I'm reading as in our body is a temple of the Lord). And, as these living stones built up we are called to be holy and to have a special function and to do good and to care for others and to make sacrifices in our lives for others.
Just last night as I was cutting the grass (the hummmm of the mower allowing me to think) I was contemplating my true calling. What does Jesus really want from me? Am I being fair with my time to my children and to my community? If I'm tired all the time from working at the store and rising in the early hours to write, am I really giving all I have as a mom? The typical struggles I go through every now and then. And, in His Infinite wisdom, He answers me first thing this morning. He calls me not for the specific, separate vocations that I see but as living stones. He calls me to be built up. He calls me to be holy. He calls me to be good and to care for others and to make sacrifices. Jesus calls me not as wife, mother, retailer or writer. I am constantly over thinking all these separate vocations and when I just sit and listen, He comes and pulls me all together.
Today, we are called to be living stones, stacked upon one another to build His Kingdom. May the firm foundations of our Faith and the strong cornerstones He has blessed us with serve to make us strong, to make us one, to build us as living stones into one spiritual house.
35 36 37 38