Monday, May 17, 2010

All Will Be Well

Got a text this morning from a childhood friend to say that her father died. The same man who last weekend sat on the end of his bed and tried to iron a better crease in his pants because the "cleaners just don't do things like they used to." The same man who bugged his daughter until she returned my 1st Communion missal I had left at his house since 1968. The same man who asked if my son could come clean his gutters. The same man who had Mass said at his house with his family just days ago. The man was definitely prepared for his journey. And with the words today from the Gospel, "Behold, the hour is coming and has arrived when each of you will be scattered to his own home and you will leave me alone. But I am not alone, because the Father is with me" I am reminded that although (what I worry about the most) I know my friend's family will all be going back home after this is said and done and my friend will be going home alone, she will not be alone. Her father and her mother made sure that she had a strong faith to fall back on. She knows the Father and He knows her. The hour has come. The family has all been together for days and all has been prepared. Soon, all will be scattered and her father will find his final resting place and she will know, because of preparation throughout their life together, she is not alone.

3 comments:

  1. http://fromthepulpitofmylife.blogspot.com/2010/05/hail-mary-as-blankie-prayer.html

    When I read this today, I thought of you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this Allison. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete