Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our Lady of Guadalupe and more

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but Our Lady of Guadalupe is constantly requesting my presence. I know that sounds weird but I'm telling you I keep having these huge signs that she wants me to visit her or that she wants me to reread her messages or she wants me to acknowledge her more often or something. I have to admit that I have put much more merchandise in the store to spread devotion to her because of her persistence. When I pause for a moment, I receive a card out of the blue and Our Lady is on the front. My daughter got me a rosary for my birthday (hmmm, not from our store), and when I put my eye up to the centerpiece, I can see the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe. I included a prayer for persistence for our children in my mother's prayerbook because of St. Juan Diego's persistence. I now wear a medal of this patroness of the Americas. AND, last night when my husband came home from visiting our friend in the hospital, (I've mentioned that he went in last week suffering necrotizing fasciitis, lost much of his thigh and other parts, but started repair this week) he found that William had the tube removed from this throat and was alert and talking. He asked my husband if we three had been to GUADALUPE. I don't ever remember discussing Our Lady with him before but evidently while he was in a coma, we made a visit to Guadalupe. My husband couldn't wait to tell me the news. I felt it confirmation that he will, with continued prayers, heal. AND, the readings today speak of the uneducated men with a persistent message and Mary Magdalene and the two walking on the road with the message that Jesus lives but without a sign for His Apostles, they would not believe. Jesus had to come to them. Mary had to send roses and show herself on Juan Diego's tilma. When will I put aside over-thinking all the signs and simply believe? When will I learn to listen with my heart instead of my head? Signs all over! Simplicity. Jesus is alive and well and dwelling among us. Pray, seek forgiveness, be persistent in Faith, listen to the messages, trust and believe. From the most unlikely men and women, the messages are sent over and over. What is it she wants from me? Jesus, show me the way.

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Julie! The more I learn about Our Lady of Guadalupe, the more I want to visit her too! I don't know if you believe in the apparitions at Medjagorie (sp??) or not, but in the book I am reading about Maria of Guadelupe, the author makes mention to a pilgrim's question to know how Mary can appear in many different places. She says (at Medjagorie) that she sometimes appears in Europe and other places, but that she LIVES in Mexico. The more I learn about how her eyes are really like living human eyes the way they reflect light and images, the more I start to believe this is true. Maybe she does live in Mexico to a certain extent, and maybe she needs our attention more than ever in a time when humans (big and small) are being killed in Mexico and the U.S. more than the reign of the Aztecs before Our Lady appeared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I just found you. I was at Why I am Catholic (also which I just found this morning) and I see you are posting there, so I decided to come over and say hello. Well, I have to tell you, I have your Bless my Child book -- bought it several months back and it is beautifully written. thank you for such a beautiful work of your mother's heart! also, this may sound weird -- well I'm sure it won't -- but I too have been pulled to go visit our Lady of Guadalupe. I have read several books about her in the last several months. and I know in my heart there is this persistent pull to visit her in Mexico City at her Shrine. maybe we will see each other there. and so I know it is no coinscidence that I found my way to your blog today. I look forward to reading more of you. I'm going to follow you. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie: I just read your post on YIMC. Now on your blog margin I see your intriguing book which you published. Is the book illustrated? Please tell me about the book, as I will likely order some as 'favors' for my daughter's First Communion party which is coming up soon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Bless My Child is a book for parents to pray for their children. It begins with the child before birth and all through the stages of life including teething, first day of school, high school, friends, sacraments, driving, dating, college, first jobs, etc. and includes a mother's novena and rosary. You can read more on my website at www.juliecragon.com. I also write small bio Holy Cards that are only 1.25 and are also listed on my website. They are beautiful cards from Italy with the biography of the Saints and different Visions of Mary on the inside. I have my last child making her First Communion this year also. It is a wonderful time for our children. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete