01 02 03 Hand Me Down Heaven: 7 Quick Takes 2 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

7 Quick Takes 2

34

1.With the celebration of my youngest daughter's First Holy Communion, it has been quite a week of joy for her. Wednesday, her 2nd grade class took care of the school Mass so she got to read a petition and sing in the choir and receive Jesus for the 2nd time. The look on her face is worth more than words can say.


2. The birthday of my brother brought back memories of him trying to teach our black Lab to bring the newspaper to our door by wrapping bologna inside. Oh he brought the paper to the door alright! (Ours and every other persons' in the neighborhood.)

3. Today's reading makes me just want to say, "Thank You!" "In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not,would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be." I'm grateful for the idea of mansions (St.Teresa) and many dwelling places. I often picture myself hanging on to the last rung of the ladder or in the garage of one of the mansions but at least knowing that in His Mercy, there is a place even for me.

4. I couldn't believe this week that I actually read 2 different blogs about thinking before I speak and the power of words and still blurted out something inappropriate to a friend. Lord help me to zip it.

5. One daughter home from college for the summer. Oh, and her stuff came home too. Time for the younger 2 girls to bunk back up so the big girls can have a space! I love having all my ducks back in the pond. Another week and we'll have them all.

6. With First Communions and Confirmations the bookstore is hoppin'. Thank you Lord. I count me blessings that my husband and I work together , especially during this time of year when we are so busy both at home and work.

7. Two great women Saints this week with the Feast Days of St. Gianna Beretta Molla and St. Catherine of Siena. Powerful, strong, leaders of the Catholic Faith!
35 36 37 38