Friday, April 23, 2010


1. Working with my 8 year old on preparing for her 1st Communion Sunday has been a true joy. Now every time I make the Sign of the Cross I see myself, "knock, knock, knockin' on Heaven's door."

2. We have been super busy at the bookstore with 1st Communion and Confirmation Season. Thank You Lord for all our customers.

3. St. George's Feast Day! I love the Saints: what they can do for us in intercession, how they defend our faith, how they're understood and misunderstood. I love to hear stories from our customers of how St. Jude or St. Anthony or St. Joseph have come to their rescue. With them there is no superstition, purely prayer and faith. This guy today, he went up against the Emperor, his commander, his leader in defense of his Faith. He was tortured and finally beheaded, all in the name of God. St. George be our strength in defense of our Faith.

4. Pre 4 of our 6 kids, my husband and I thought it would be fun to restore an old '63 Falcon convertible. We kept it in our garage, uncovered it a few times, even moved it to a new house and still 14 years later, nothing. We sent her off many months ago and Ruby arrived back home yesterday. Beautiful and fun just like my other girls.


5. I love it when I've worked on something, sent it off, gotten a response and then a huge sign comes along to confirm the possibilities. The girl that works in our office always says, "What? Ya gotta get knocked in the head? That's your sign." I do love 'em.

6. Reminded by another blog of the beautiful prayer of Teresa of Avila took me back to my trip there last summer and many awesome memories with my two oldest daughters and my mom.
Christ has no body but yours, No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks Compassion on this world,
Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good,
Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.
Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, Yours are the eyes, you are his body.
Christ has no body now but yours, No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks compassion on this world.
Christ has no body now on earth but yours.

7. I pray for my child during her First Communion this Sunday and for all the children during this time. They are so pure and holy. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. blessings to you and your whole family on your daughter's first communion. I can't wit till it's my daughter's turn (acouple years still).

    ReplyDelete