Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Those Apostles

As Jesus speaks with His Apostles today, I am just dying to ask, "Where have you guys been all this time?" They act and talk like they have no idea what's going on and they don't have any idea what's about to happen. All a part of the plan of course. We couldn't exactly have these guys try to alter history but they could pay a little bit more attention. Anyway, my point is that I have to remember that Jesus speaks to us sometimes directly and sometimes in what seems circles. Scripture scholars everywhere are constantly interpreting what Jesus is saying and many have very different opinions. The best reminder for me today is for me to hang around Him and spend time with Him and listen to Him and interpret for myself what He is saying to me. Whether through Scripture or through prayer or through meditation, He may say something to me that means something totally different for someone else. And, isn't that all a part of the plan? What I don't want is to have someone wonder, "Where have you been all this time? You act and talk like you have no idea what's going on." So as an Apostle wanna be, I'm working on paying attention and listening and spending time and hanging around Him and His friends. Today is my reminder to be aware of my part in His plan.

1 comment:

  1. Julie: I just went to a prayer/study group tonight
    for Catholics and one thing folks were talking about is how through our day we need to make sure we are looking directly at Christ - in all we do and in the people we encounter. This is another way of listening to him and spending time.
    thanks for the meditation.

    ReplyDelete